Dec 6, 2008

Dear Bama Fans,


Today's game marks a monumental battle that's been brewing all season. No. 1 ranked Bama vs. no. 2 ranked Gators (that's right I'm going with the AP on this one.)

First off, let me say that my hat is off to Nick Saban for restoring the Tide to it's former glory...in two short years nonetheless. I know Bear would be proud.

Although Vegas oddmakers have the game pegged at a 10 point advantage to Florida, I disagree. I think it will be closer than the experts think, and with Harvin doubtful, I would say the odds are slighted in Bama's corner.

On Gator Offense: freshmen Chris Rainey and Jeffery Demps will have to step up even more so than they have since the loss to Ole Miss. Brandon James will be crucial to field advantage.

On Gator Defense: Spikes will need to stop Coffee and get in Wilson's head in the first half. Florida's corners will have their hands full with Julio Jones, but man coverage is a must.

So with a trip to Miami on the line, one thing's for sure: a dang good team from the SEC is going to the national title game.

If you are a Bama fan, your team more than deserves to be there if they win today. Gator fans, of course the same holds true for you.

But if you're pulling for Bama just because your team is not bowl eligible this year...that's annoying. Better luck next year, but quit Gator hatin'.

GO GATORS!!

No comments: