Apr 12, 2008

Something to Say

I've been thinking about something that has come up in several conversations I've had, blogs I've read, and even music I'm listening to right now. It's the idea of having something to say and saying it. I think we all have something to say about a wide variety of topics, but what separates us are those that think certain things and those that speak what they're thinking.

What I'm getting at is that if you have something to say, just say it. Whatever "it" is. That's the beauty of this worldwide web of inter-connected computers. You and I have the ability to put a thought out on the internet and it can literally circle the globe within seconds. Of course, none of that matters if no one is listening, thinking, and reacting to what you have to say. In fact, it's almost pointless.

The main reason I started blogging more is because I wanted to engage in the conversation. Not because I have all or even most of the answers. But I know that the more I talk about my thoughts, ideas, and beliefs the more I am able to shape and mold them into even better ideals. And that can only happen with your help.

That's why my first post on JohninOrlando.com ended with the following: "So here’s to you and me and the future of our online relationship. Without your readership or, better yet, your comments I am merely posting a conversation with myself. I don’t know about you, but that sounds really boring to me! For both of our sakes, I hope it works out."

Keep on reading, writing, and saying whatever it is you have to say. That way, our conversation can become that much better.

No comments: