Aug 18, 2008

Four years ago today

Exactly four years ago today, I was passing bright orange Asplundh trunks on I-95 on my way to Walt Disney World Resort to begin the College Program. Hurricane Charlie, the first of four hurricanes to strike Florida in 2004, had just passed through Orlando two days before my arrival.


Since then I have met people from all over the world and become the closest of friends with many of them. I have had the privilege to work with some of the brightest and most talented people I know. And I have had the chance to travel to some pretty sweet places.

Looking back, I was taking a little bit of a gamble by moving down here. And if I had to do it all over, I wouldn't hesitate to roll the dice again.


UPDATE: Speaking of hurricanes, Fay's almost here. And she's projected to take a path eerily similar to 'Ol Charlie. Oh the irony.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good ol' Epic and GMR. :)