Jan 17, 2009

In God We Trust?

I received the following email this week...

"Here's your chance to let the media know where the people stand on our faith in God, as a nation. NBC is taking a poll on "In God We Trust" to stay on our American currency.

Please send this to every person you know so they can vote on this important subject. Please do it right away, before NBC takes this off the web page.

Poll is still open so you can vote. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10103521/

This is not sent for discussion, if you agree forward it. If you don't, delete it. By my forwarding it, you know how I feel. I'll bet this was a surprise to NBC."


After thinking about it for a few minutes. Here was my response...

"86%. I would say "In God We Trust" is staying put.

But does God really care whether his name is on our money? Maybe we should ask Him. And if money is the root of all evil, perhaps He doesn't want to be any part of it.

Just a thought."


What do you think? Is it important to you to have God mentioned on our money?

1 comment:

Mark said...

For me, I'm not obsessed with having it there, but I really don't like the implications of taking it off. Something about that gesture just doesn't feel like something I'd want to answer for.